Thursday, December 6, 2007

Reading Ahead: Check out Shelfari

I know that Letizia uses Book Crossing as a place to keep her bookshelf online. I've tried out a few mechanisms, including Google Books and now Shelfari. I prefer the look and feel of the latter, despite my somewhat unhealthy proclivity for all things Google.


I've just added a widget to the bottom of this blog with my bookshelf - or at least those books that have to do with the trip. What's there I've read, though I'll start to add wishlist items as well soon. If you have any recommendations, please do add a comment to this entry and I'll add them to the shelf.

2 comments:

Ka said...

How about Paul Theroux's The Old Patagonian Express: it was written nearly 30 years old and he's a complete curmudgeon but it was interesting about South America (he goes from the US down to Patagonia)

Also River Town by Peter Hessler: an American who spent two years teaching in a smallish city in the middle of China in the mid-90s.

Unknown said...

Ah - you see. If there was somebody I could count on for book tips, it had to be you Ka. Thanks!