Thursday, June 19, 2008

Micro Blogging

I've finally given up and signed up for Twitter. To those who already know about Twitter and just don't get it - I know! Me neither! For those who don't know what twitter is, consider it like a micro-blog, where you can send a small message (140 characters) just to let your friends/colleagues/wardens know where you are and what you are doing. The limited size and format of the messages means that you can send text messages from your mobile phone to twitter's number and so keep your friends updated even when you are far from a computer.

In the spirit of intrepid exploration that defines this trip (ahem), I've decided to try it out. To the right of this blog you'll see a little window that shows the last five entries I've made on Twitter. My Twitter page is here.

To complete the picture, Facebook has an application that channels my tweets (for that is the noun employed to describe a Twitter message) into my Facebook micro-feed.

And to those of you who know what Facebook is, and just don't get it....I know! Me neither!

No comments: