- The car is king, pedestrians are expendable scum. Every other form of road user fits somewhere between these two. Know your place.
- The direction of flow of traffic for a given lane is subject to change without notice, and based on simple majority rule.
- The meaning of the car horn, like the chinese language itself, depends a great deal on context. One sound can mean :
a. I am going for that improbably small space - don't get in my way.
b. I am about to overtake you (in a lane of my chosing) - don't try to stop me.
c. I'm in a car. I'm travelling at speed. I'll honk if I bloody well want to honk.
- Precendece is always given to those with the least to lose.
- Traffic lights are not only decorative, they also serve as an indication of traffic conditions immediately ahead.
I may have missed some, in which case I'll add them afterwards. Assuming I survive another week of these rules.